83 MIN/ Documentary
Hady follows his grandmother Henriette as she ages and crosses the centenarian milestone to reach 104 years. He witnesses the transformation of her memory, her emigration from Lebanon to Brazil and the stories of love, children and suspended time. Ya Omri is a journey about ageing, memory and life.
Henriette Massaud Awaiss
Screenwriter: Hady Zaccak
DOP: Muriel Aboulrouss
Editor: Hady Zaccak
- Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF)
- Sharm El Sheikh Arab and European Film Festival
- Beirut Cinema Days
- Cairo Cinema Days
- Lebanese Film Festival (LFF) in Sydney, Australia
- Award of Merit at the Docs Without Borders Film Festival in Nassau, USA
- Jury Award at the Malmö Arab Film Festival (MAFF) in Sweden
- Appreciation Award at the Impact Docs Awards
The film is comprised of photographic and audio recordings taken between 1992 and 2013.